STEM Push At Lake Geneva Middle School This Year
4 months ago
Opportunities & Innovation Abound At Lake Geneva Schools!
Lake Geneva Middle School (LGMS) students will benefit from a new STEM program this year. This program is being developed in conjunction with the school district's new strategic plan objective of increasing curricular choices for students at the middle school level.
Students will be be introduced to Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Gateway, a program that provides middle school level engineering, biomedical and computer science curriculum. Students will get rigorous and relevant experiences through activity, project and problem-based learning.
PLTW uses topics like coding and robotics, flight and space, and DNA and crime scene analysis to engage middle school students and their natural curiosity and imagination in creative problem solving.
PLTW Gateway is a strong foundation for further STEM learning in high school and beyond, challenging students to solve real-world challenges,such as cleaning oil spills and designing sustainable housing solutions. Using the same advanced software and tools as those used by the world’s leading companies, students learn how to apply math, science, technology, and engineering to their everyday lives.
The desired result is that these courses at the middle level will make a strong bridge to our already strong and ever-growing PLTW courses at Badger High School.
- Learn more about our push for Middle School STEM programs in our 2016 Community Report Newspaper.
- Check out page 38 of our Badger High School Course Guide to view the wide variety of STEM offerings that prepare students for careers and college.
Share Your Successes & News With Us!
5 months ago
Share For Success!
Please click the Success Button above to access a form to share your good news, event summaries & photos from your classroom & school. You can also give us a "head's up" on your upcoming events. We'll use your information to develop feature stories and share them in our newsletters, social media sites, websites & more.
A few tips to consider when sharing your news:
- Please share photos! There is a field on the success form that allows you to attach photos, flyers & other files. Photos greatly enhance our stories, so please share!
- No need to write a detailed story: just a quick summary will do. Simply share the important details including who, what, when, where, how/why. We'll follow-up to get additional details if necessary to write the story.
- For events: If you are requesting coverage & promotional assistance for an upcoming event, please provide at least 3 weeks notice prior to the event for planning purposes.
- Central-Denison’s Candy Drive Supports U.S. Troops Overseas
- Star Center Students Send Relief To Natural Disaster Survivors
- NIU Jazz Orchestra Concert - Nov. 19, 2016
- Bucky's Scholarship Gala - Nov. 18, 2016
- Nov. 11 Vet's Day Celebrations Planned at Lake Geneva Schools
- Badger Football Advances to WIAA State Semi-Final Nov. 11
- Badger Girls Swim Team Wins 5th Sectional Championship Title
- Star Center Elementary Students Learn The Voting Process On Election Day
- Central-Denison Students Enjoy Reading With Lake Geneva Firefighters
- Eastview Students Support Clothing Outreach Center
- Badger FFA Students Recognized at National Convention
- Star Center Music Program Receives Grant for New Xylophones
- Area Third Graders Learn About Agriscience at Badger Ag Day
- LGMS Students Attend “Sweet 2Be Me” Conference in Fort Atkinson
- Eastview 4th Graders Take The Global Cardboard Challenge
- LGMS Announces 1st Quarter Above & Beyond Award Winners
- Modern Woodmen Of America Donate Supplies For Students In Need
- Back-To-School Donations Equip Lake Geneva Students For Successful Year
- Central-Denison Counselor Receives District Results Plus Award
- Eastview Elementary Kids Learn Flag Etiquette
- District Development & Mentor Program Equips New Teachers With Tools For Success
- Badger Senior Awarded Trustee Scholarship from Carroll University
- Mrs. Turk's 4th Grade Class Receives Herb Kohl Grant For Alternative Classroom Seating
- Star Center Reading Buddies Program Builds Leadership & Reading Skills
- Badger Spanish Students Help Area Adults Learn English
- Join Our Destination Imagination After School Program - Attend The Sept. & Oct. Info Meetings
- School Breakfast Programs Give Students A Boost
- Badger 2016 Homecoming Week Festivities Oct. 3-8
- The 2016 Lake Geneva Schools Community Report Is Here
- Introducing Our New Website
- Lake Geneva Schools Welcomes New Teachers & Staff
- Badger High School Teacher Receives Technically Advanced Equipment Certification To Benefit Students
- Lake Geneva Students Get A Jump On The School Year
- New State Law Results In School Bus Lighting Changes