Register Now For Badger High Summer Swim Lessons
about 1 month ago
In person registration will be available in the Badger High School Union, located at 220 South Street in Lake Geneva on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 6 - 9AM to 1PM
- Wednesday, May 10 - 6PM to 8PM
- Daily after June 13 from 8:30AM - 1PM in Room 514 at Badger High School
Badger Students Kick Off "Big Badger-Littler Badger" Youth Mentorship Program
2 months ago
March 14, 2017 – Badger High School students in Mrs. Salamone's English class kicked off a new youth mentorship/reading program this month called the Big Badger-Littler Badger Club.
Each week at the end of the school day, students travel to Star Center and Central-Denison elementary schools to partner with a child to practice reading skills and serve as positive role models. It's a beneficial experience for all involved!
Lake Geneva Schools Host Successful Science Night
3 months ago
Lake Geneva Schools hosted a successful Family Science Night event at the Lake Geneva Middle School on Feb. 7.
The event will featured hands-on science activities and concluded with an exciting science/chemistry show performed by Badger High School science experts (a.k.a. The Lake Geneva Science Guys) Mr. Barry Mess & Mr. Aaron Burg.
The event attracted more than 275 students and their families. What a great event to pique student interest in science!
STEM Push At Lake Geneva Middle School This Year
8 months ago
Opportunities & Innovation Abound At Lake Geneva Schools!
Lake Geneva Middle School (LGMS) students will benefit from a new STEM program this year. This program is being developed in conjunction with the school district's new strategic plan objective of increasing curricular choices for students at the middle school level.
Students will be be introduced to Project Lead the Way (PLTW) Gateway, a program that provides middle school level engineering, biomedical and computer science curriculum. Students will get rigorous and relevant experiences through activity, project and problem-based learning.
PLTW uses topics like coding and robotics, flight and space, and DNA and crime scene analysis to engage middle school students and their natural curiosity and imagination in creative problem solving.
PLTW Gateway is a strong foundation for further STEM learning in high school and beyond, challenging students to solve real-world challenges,such as cleaning oil spills and designing sustainable housing solutions. Using the same advanced software and tools as those used by the world’s leading companies, students learn how to apply math, science, technology, and engineering to their everyday lives.
The desired result is that these courses at the middle level will make a strong bridge to our already strong and ever-growing PLTW courses at Badger High School.
- Learn more about our push for Middle School STEM programs in our 2016 Community Report Newspaper.
- Check out page 38 of our Badger High School Course Guide to view the wide variety of STEM offerings that prepare students for careers and college.
Share Your Successes & News With Us!
9 months ago
Share For Success!
Please click the Success Button above to access a form to share your good news, event summaries & photos from your classroom & school. You can also give us a "head's up" on your upcoming events. We'll use your information to develop feature stories and share them in our newsletters, social media sites, websites & more.
A few tips to consider when sharing your news:
- Please share photos! There is a field on the success form that allows you to attach photos, flyers & other files. Photos greatly enhance our stories, so please share!
- No need to write a detailed story: just a quick summary will do. Simply share the important details including who, what, when, where, how/why. We'll follow-up to get additional details if necessary to write the story.
- For events: If you are requesting coverage & promotional assistance for an upcoming event, please provide at least 3 weeks notice prior to the event for planning purposes.